Error 67: Registration Failure
Error 67 indicates the username and password can't register with the CDMA-S network. The password is assigned by the network as part of authentication. It’s not visible or editable. The username is the NAI (Network Access Identifier), which is comprised of the 10-digit MDN, the Red Pocket CDMA-S Realm, and the Sprint Domain: MDN@mvno207.sprintpcs.com
The device may not have been programmed with the correct username and password after one of the following transactions:
- Data service has been re-provisioned
- Activation of a device that has previously been used (old username and password are still in the device from previous owner or previous activation).
- The account has been hotlined or suspended.
The error text usually displayed: “Error Code 67: Registration failure. Press OK for options. Your username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again. If this problem persists, you may need to contact your service provider”.
Error 1012: Could not prepare data services
Error code 1012 is displayed for two primary reasons:
The network is busy.
- Provisioning is not complete in the billing system.
- Incorrect programming of the MSID.
The error text usually displayed: “Could not prepare data services. Please try again later”.
Error 2048: Network busy
Error Code 2048 indicates that the device cannot acquire network resources. Primary causes include:
The network is temporarily busy.
- The subscription is suspended.
- There is an incorrect setting on the network (IP Capable field in HLR set to “N” during provisioning because the SKU is recorded as ‘not data-capable’ in NMS).
- There is incorrect setting in the device (settings may have been manually disabled or changed).
The error text usually displayed: “Network Busy. Please try again” The end user must click Retry or Cancel.
Resolution for Errors 67, 1012, 2048
For voice and data devices:
Locate the Update Data Profile or Update Settings in the device or by dialing ##UPDATE# (873283)
- Select option to Update Data Profile. This will update the device with correct network data settings.
- If Update fails, try temporarily connecting to a WiFi Network and re-attempt to Update Data Profile
- Device will display message similar to the following for up to two minutes while programming is in progress: “Updating Settings.” Do not cancel the programming.
- Power-cycle the device after programming is complete to clear any additional errors.
If this fails to resolve the issue, please contact Red Pocket Customer Service.