Yes! Sign up for a GSMT or GSMA plan to access 5G speeds. Other Red Pocket Mobile networks do not include 5G at this time.
On GSMA, 5G compatible iPhones will be able to take advantage of 5G speeds. 5G on Android will be available soon.
On GSMT, 5G compatible Android phones will be able to take advantage of 5G speeds. 5G on iPhone will be available soon. Click here to learn more about 5G technology.
Setting You Phone Up On 5G
Step 1: Complete normal set up on your new line
If you're a new customer, make sure you have activated your phone at redpocket.com/activate. You'll also need to place a phone call to set up talk and text functionality. Click here for full setup steps.
If you've already activated your phone and placed your first phone call, please proceed to step 2.
Step 2: Configure your Access Point Name (APN) settings
For GSMA, you'll need to configure your phones' APN settings. For existing customers, this is a step you may have already completed when you first set up your phone. However, to get 5G working on your phone you must download the latest APN network settings. Please complete this step again. Visit redpocket.com/configure to download APN network settings.
For GSMT, you won't need to manually configure your phone's APN network settings. Please proceed to step 3.
Step 3: iPhone - Download the new OS and new Carrier Settings
After your phone has been activated and APN settings configured, download your phone's latest operating system and updated carrier settings.
- On iPhone, go to the Settings application
- Tap on General
- Tap on Software Update
- Run the latest software update. You may need to charge your phone.
- Once the latest software update has finished downloading, go back to the Settings main screen.
- Tap on General
- Tap on About
- If prompted, follow the steps under the About section to update your device to the latest Carrier Settings.
Step 3: Android - Enable Automatic Network Selection
- On Android, go to the Settings application
- Tap on Connections
- Tap on Mobile Networks
- Tap on Network Mode
- Choose auto-connect. This means if you're in an area that has 5G coverage, your phone will receive a 5G connection. If the area you're in has 4G LTE or HSPA+ coverage, your phone will switch to that instead. This way your phone always receives the fastest possible network speeds depending on your coverage.
Step 4: Confirm that you have coverage in your area
For 5G to work, you must have 5G coverage in your area. In areas where 5G is not available, your device will automatically switch to a slower speed tier.
Click here for the Red Pocket Mobile coverage map.