Congress recently created the Affordable Connectivity Program, a long-term $14 billion program, which will replace the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program.
Starting December 31, 2021, you can apply for the ACP program. You must submit a new application for the ACP program, even if you already have an EBB account. Once approved, Red Pocket Mobile can help you transfer your phone lines from your EBB account to the new ACP account.
- The EBB program will continue accepting applications until December 31, 2021.
- The EBB program will no longer accept new applications after December 31, 2021.
- Existing EBB program accounts will remain active until March 1, 2022.
- EBB program accounts will lose connectivity after March 1, 2022.
- The ACP program will begin accepting applications on December 31, 2021.
- Loss of income due to covid is not a qualifying factor for the ACP program.
- WIC is a qualifying factor for the ACP program.
Moving from the EBB program to the ACP program is easy. Within the application system, we’ll determine which EBB accounts are eligible for the ACP program.
Those customers will automatically be moved over, from the EBB to the ACP program. Transitioned customers may see a change to the login experience when visiting redpocket.com/my-lines, but will experience no change to daily phone usage.
EBB customers that do not qualify will lose connectivity on March 1, 2022. Expiring lines will need to transfer to a standard Red Pocket Mobile plan. A Red Pocket Mobile customer service representative can assist you with the transfer to an individual Red Pocket Mobile plan.
Additional details will be provided soon. Please check your inbox for an email as we approach the EBB program disconnection date of March 1st, 2022.
I qualify, but I was not automatically transferred to the ACP program. What can I do?
If you qualify but you were not transitioned over, your application may have been missing some details about the financial programs you’re enrolled in.
You can manually apply for the ACP program by going to redpocket.com/assist. Red Pocket Mobile can then help you transfer your phone line from the expired EBB program to your new ACP program, after qualifying.