The CDMAS network has been decommissioned by the underlying carrier.
- The Sprint network shut down all 3G functionality on March 31, 2022.
- The Sprint network shut down all remaining functionality (including 4G LTE/HSPA+/VoLTE and 5G functionality) on June 30, 2022.
- After June 30, 2022, all CDMAS customers must migrate to another network. Your phone number was migrated to the GSMT network as a security measure. Request a GSMT SIM card to continue using service.
If CDMAS will last until June, why was my account shutdown after March 31, 2022?
The March shutdown date will not effect most accounts.
For most accounts, even if you are using a 3G device, your account will remain unaffected until June 30, 2022. You'll simply need to get a VoLTE phone to continue using CDMAS calling, texting and data services, until the final cutoff date on June 30.
However, there are a select number of accounts that are intrinsically configured and connected to the device being used. For these accounts, switching over to a VoLTE phone will not help the account to last until June 30. The account shuts down when the 3G network shuts down -- on March 31, 2022.
There are a small number of accounts experiencing this issue, and these accounts will see an alert inside of their online account, when logging in at redpocket.com/login.
What happens if my account is shutdown after March 31, 2022?
Don't worry. Red Pocket Mobile has taken steps to protect affected accounts. To avoid losing phone numbers, we have migrated affected accounts to the GSMT network as a temporary measure. You can move forward with your account in a couple of ways:
1. I want to continue using the Red Pocket Mobile GSMT network
Log into your account at redpocket.com/login. Click your affected CDMAS account and click on the link that appears. You’ll be able to receive a free GSMT SIM card from us.
Once the SIM has been received, follow these steps to apply the SIM card to your account.
Next, you’ll have to pay for a new GSMT plan. Once your SIM card has been applied to your account, click on Plans from your account menu and choose the plan that best suits your needs.
2. I want to use a different Red Pocket Mobile network
If you’re not interested in the GSMT network, visit redpocket.com/shop/plans to purchase a GSMA or CDMAV SIM card. Once the SIM card arrives, follow these steps to apply the SIM card to your account.
Next, you’ll have to pay for a new plan. Once your SIM card has been applied to your account, click on Plans from your account menu and choose the plan that best suits your needs.
3. I want to transfer my number to another wireless carrier
If you decide to transfer your number to another wireless carrier, you’ll need to get your Red Pocket Mobile account number and PIN. Contact our customer service department to request your account number and PIN for transfer.