Swapping from a physical SIM to an eSIM
Current customers with active Red Pocket Mobile plans are welcome to swap their GSMA physical SIM card for an eSIM. Please keep in mind that only certain phones are compatible with eSIM. Click here to learn which phones are compatible.
Contact us at redpocket.com/contact-us to request an eSIM swap.
If you have a GSMT or CDMA line, we may be able to help you transfer to a GSMA eSIM and transfer your phone number over to the new wireless network.
eSIM for the GSMT and CDMA networks is not yet available. Please keep an eye on our social media channels, or our "How to purchase an eSIM" article for updates.
How to make the swap from physical to eSIM - From Your Online Account
To learn how to swap your physical SIM card to an eSIM directly on your device, click here.
Step 1: To swap your line's existing physical SIM card for an eSIM, first, obtain an eSIM. There are a couple of ways to obtain an eSIM.
- You'll receive an eSIM card when you purchase an iPhone from Red Pocket Mobile's Shop page https://www.redpocket.com/shop and select the GSMA network.
- You can also order an eSIM from https://www.redpocket.com/shop/plans and it will come with no plan pre-loaded. Select a plan during the activation process.
- Contact us to request an eSIM delivery. Qualifying customers can receive an eSIM replacement free of charge. Visit https://www.redpocket.com/contact-us.
Step 2: Once you have your eSIM Confirmation Code, login to your account at redpocket.com/login and click on the line you want to update. Navigate to the Summary section and click the edit icon next to your SIM card's ICCID number.
Step 3: Select the type of update you need to make.
- Select Swap to Physical SIM, to switch from your current SIM to a physical SIM card that you received by mail or purchased in a retail store.
- Select Swap to eSIM, to switch from your current SIM to an eSIM that you received by email.
- Select Purchase SIM/eSIM, to be redirected to the https://www.redpocket.com/shop/plans page. Return to your account once you have obtained the SIM card of your choice.
How to make the swap from physical to eSIM - From Your Phone
To learn how to swap your physical SIM card to an eSIM from your online Red Pocket Mobile account, click here.
On iOS devices running operating system 16.2 or later, you may swap from a physical SIM card to an eSIM, from Settings on your device. You do not need to purchase an eSIM from redpocket.com prior to starting this process.
Note: Make sure you're using an iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or an iPhone XR running operating system iOS 16.2 to proceed. If you are using a different type of device, please switch to an eSIM by acquiring an eSIM from redpocket.com and using your online account.
Step 1: Connect your phone to a WiFi network.
Step 2: Tap on your phone's Settings application.
Step 3: Tap on Cellular.
Step 4: Tap on Convert to eSIM. If you do not see the option to Convert to eSIM, contact us!
Step 5: Tap on Convert Cellular plan.
Step 6: Tap on Convert to eSIM.
Step 7: Wait for your eSIM to activate.
Note! This process will automatically deactivate your previous, physical SIM card and it cannot be restored.
Please allow 10 minutes for your eSIM to be converted. After 10 minutes, you may also need to turn the device off, wait a few seconds, and then turn it on again. If you have any questions about this process or need help, please reach out to Red Pocket Mobile support for assistance.
Visit redpocket.com/contact-us to get in touch with an agent.
Transfer a physical SIM card or eSIM that is on your previous iPhone, to an eSIM on your new iPhone.
If you have an eSIM or a physical SIM on your old iPhone, and you want to use it on your new iPhone as an eSIM, complete the following steps.