Starting 12/31/2021, the ACP program replaced the EBB program. Qualification is based on income and other factors. EBB customers must submit a new application for the ACP.
Table of Contents
- The EBB Program and NOW ACP
- What is the ACP program?
- Who qualifies for the ACP?
- I qualify for the EBB program because I lost my job due to COVID-19; what will happen to my account?
- I have WIC, and I did not qualify for the EBB program. Do I qualify for the ACP?
- How do I move from the EBB program to the ACP program?
The EBB Program and NOW ACP
The FCC discontinued the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program on March 1, 2022, allowing EBB program enrollments until December 30, 2021, at 6 PM EST. After December 30, 2021, additional registrations in the EBB program were not accepted.
The new Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) program began accepting enrollments on December 31, 2021.
The ACP program is available in each of the 50 United States. Through the ACP program, Red Pocket Mobile provides eligible customers unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, and 10GB of high speed data.
This plan is provided at $0.00 per month plus a $1 regulatory recovery fee (per month). High speeds (4G and 5G) are throttled after the first 10GBs of data usage.
Please Note: The plan will incur a $1 monthly regulatory recovery fee, to help offset the growing burden of government regulatory compliance. You can click here to learn more about the Regulatory Recovery Fee.
What is the ACP program?
Congress recently created the Affordable Connectivity Program, a long-term $14 billion program that will replace the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program. This investment in broadband affordability will help ensure we can afford the internet connections we need for work, school, health care, and more for a long time.
Who qualifies for the ACP?
A household is eligible if a member of the family meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines;
- Participates in specific assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
Experiencing a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough was a qualifier for the EBB program; however, it is not an eligible qualifier for the ACP program.
Applications for the ACP program are now being accepted. Visit redpocket.com/assist to apply.
I qualify for the EBB program because I lost my job due to COVID-19; what will happen to my account?
See if you qualify for the ACP program another way. Visit redpocket.com/assist to start the application process. Unfortunately, if you do not qualify for the ACP program, your EBB program phone line was disconnected on March 1, 2022.
Please consider switching to one of Red Pocket's affordable calling plans. Like our unlimited talk, text, and data plan with 5GB of high-speed data for just $20/month. Transfer your phone number and SIM ICCID quickly. Visit redpocket.com/plans.
I have WIC, and I did not qualify for the EBB program. Do I qualify for the ACP?
Yes. You can apply for the ACP program by going to redpocket.com/assist.
Are you an existing Red Pocket Mobile customer? Once approved, learn how to move from your standard Red Pocket Mobile line to an ACP line.
How do I move from the EBB program to the ACP program?
We've determined which EBB accounts are eligible for the ACP. Qualifying customers were automatically moved over, but some may need additional steps.
Click here for additional information on the transition process. You will be able to keep your phone number.
For more information on the ACP program, how to qualify, where to apply, and its benefits, see this related ACP article.